Training youth athletes since 2005.
Tigard Youth Track’s purpose is to give youth in the community the opportunity to train and compete as part of the experience of Track & Field, in order to promote the ideals of: Teamwork, Good Sportsmanship, Good Citizenship, and Honorable Character.
We are happy to be entering into our 11th year and have now had the chance to watch kids that started with us move on to college.
We hope to see you on the track this season with us.
TIGARD YOUTH TRACK is the Pride of the Northwest at the 2016 Junior Olympics Nation Championships with 3 Gold Medals! As the entire country, fresh off the Track & Field Olympic Trials in Eugene, looks toward the Olympic games in Rio, over 6000 young athletes from around the Nation gathered in Sacramento last week at the annual USA Track & Field Junior Olympics Championships.
For the twelfth consecutive year, Tigard Youth Track Club sent a team to the event to compete among the best. The TYT contingent was the largest from the Pacific Northwest, competed admirably and earned the most medals of any from the region.
Tigard qualified 60 young athletes for the national event with a dominating performance at USATF Regional Championships held in Seattle last month. 50 of those made the trip to California along with several TYT coaches and Tigard Youth Head Coach, Ralph Greene.
TYT captured ten (10) USATF All America Honors rewarding a top 8 finishers in the nation with three (3) Gold Medal National Champions:
• Xavier Simpson: NATIONAL CHAMPION
11-12 Boys 100m
2rd Place. 11-12 Boys 200m
• Koby Kessler: NATIONAL CHAMPION
11-12 Boys High Jump
5th Place. 11-12 Boys Pentathlon
• Lauren McFall: NATIONAL CHAMPION
15-16 Girls Javelin
• Julian Body
3rd Place. 17-18 Mens 400m Hurdles
6th Place. 17-18 Mens 100m Hurdles
• Elizabeth Lea
5th Place. 13-14 Girls Javelin
• Spencer Kuffel
8th Place. 13-14 Boys Pentathlon
• Peyton Kuffel, Chase Pettibone, Hunter Gilbery, Cole Roney
8th Place 15-16 4x800m Relay
Several other TYT athletes delivered top results in the throws, sprints, jumps, long distance and relays. “We absolutely love repping Oregon at the JOs,” commented Greene. “Our athletes work very hard and, after a performance like last week, are now getting a national reputation! We are so proud of Tigard’s All Americans” Tigard Youth Track Club was established in 2004 and currently serves 155 young athletes from all over Portland. TYT Alumni have now gone on to several local High School and College Track & Field programs. Tigard was named USATF Oregon’s Track Club of the year in 2012 and has won the USATF NW
2016 TYT Cross Country is now open for registration.
Practice will start on August 23rd, 2016!
Please bring all registration forms below to the 1st day of practice.
High School Registration is now open for the 2016 season.
Please fill out the below documents and bring to practice.
Any questions, contact Ryen Boyd
tigardyouthtrackreg AT gmail dot com
REGISTRATION: High School REG 2016
Join us for the Tigard Youth Track Developmental Meet.
Pre-Registration is required via athletic.net by Thursday May 12th at 10:00AM
Links to Meet Brochure, Meet Schedule and Waiver are listed below:
Please have a printed waiver and $5.00 entry fee for 5/14.
******Per TTSD rules: NO DOGS allowed on THS school grounds. *******
Questions can be directed to Ryen Boyd at: tigardyouthtrackreg @ gmail.com
2016 Tigard Youth Track Registration for new athletes is now CLOSED.
February 2016 Registration Update:
You are welcome to send in a registration for the 2016 season but you will be put on a wait list for an open spot. We will notify you once we have a open spot.
Registration documents are posted below.
2016 Registration forms for the upcoming season: 2016 TYT REG PACKET
2016 Apparel order form: 2016 TYT Apparel Form
Please download BOTH attachments and mail them in to:
Tigard Youth Track
C/O Ryen Boyd
Remember new athletes need to include a COPY of your Birth Certificate for the USATF membership!
Questions: tigardyouthtrackreg @ gmail.com
Xavier Simpson 11-12
100- All-American with a 3rd place finish!
200- All-American taking the podium with a 3rd place finish!!!! TYT’s 1st JO Sprint Medal!
4×100- 14th overall with a big PR of 52.78
Hunter Gilbert 13-14
Pentathlon- All-American with a 4th place finish
1500- All-American with a 8th place finish
Pole Vault- 9th
Porter Sullivan 9-10
Long Jump- Huge PR at 11-5 3/4
High Jump- 21st
AJ Carter 9-10
High Jump- All-American with a 5th place finish
Long Jump- 11th
Spencer Smith 15-16
Decathlon 11th Place
Tori Forst 9-10
800- All-American 2nd place finish with a PR of 2:30.47
Lauren Paven 15-16
Lauren McFall 15-16
Javelin- All-American with a 5th place finish
Lena Greene 17-18
Long Jump – 41st
Triple Jump- 38th- ankle sprain on her 1st jump and and toughed it out. True competitor
Peyton Green 13-14
4×100 Relay- 25th place
Matthew Otness 11-12
Long Jump- 28th
4×100 Relay- 16th place with a PR of 52.78
Hudson Boyd 8 & Under
Long Jump- 10th place with a PR @ 11’9″
Shot Put- 14th
Hayden Gilbert 15-16
Pole Valut -18th and a HUGE PR @ 11’1″
Jeff Scott 9-10
Shot Put- 13th
11-12 Boys Relay
16th place with a 52.78 PR
Miles Ward, Matthew Otness, Desmond Jenkins, Xavier Simpson
13-14 Girls Relay
Impressive 25th place finish
Peyton Green, Larissa Chan, Nya Wilson, Emily Simmons
Please download BOTH the Registration packet AND the Apparel order form and MAIL them into Ryen Boyd.
We are happy to announce the meet schedule and FAQs for the TYT Home meet May 9th at Tigard High School.
TIGARD YOU TRACK DEVELOPMENTAL MEET FAQs
How do I register?
- Tigard Youth Track is day of registration. When you arrive you will sign up for your events.
Will blank waivers be available at the gate?
- Waivers can be found on Oregon.usatf.org under the YOUTH home (landing) page. Please have your waiver filled out and ready to go. This speeds things up for everyone! We will have a limited number of blank waivers. Once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Where do I get my athletes wristband?
- When you arrive, you will see a large tent at the entrance to the track where you will pay your 5.00 and turn in a waiver. Please get in a line that coordinates with your DOB to get your wristband. Each athlete must have a wristband compete in the meet.
How do I sign up for events?
- Once you enter the track, find the the clerking area located in the center of the field. Find your age group and can sign up for events.
- You will sign up for field events at the event
Will the 100 m be run on both sides of the track?
Where do I get my Ribbons?
- Awards will be handed out at the awards tent by the finish line for all field & running races.
Where will results be posted?
- Results will be posted behind the grandstands. Please allow 20-30 minutes from the end of the race for times/marks to be entered and then sheets posted. Results will not be uploaded. If you want a time, pls make sure to get it before you leave.
Can I bring a tent?
- We have a large grassy area on the edge of the track and you are welcome to set up canopy or tent for your athletes.
Will there be concessions?
Will parents be allowed on the track or the infield?
- No- We strongly advise parents to stay on the outside of the track. The infield is a warm up area for athletes.
- You can park in the swim center lot or there is a lot over by the tennis courts/football stadium
Download the Meet Schedule and FAQ PDFs below.
May 2, 2015
8am Gates Open
RACE WALKS: Start 8:15am
FIRST RACE: 3000 Starts 8:45am
WHERE: Roosevelt High School
6941 N Central St, Portland, OR 97203
HOSTED BY: Albina Roadrunners Track Club
May 2nd Full Meet Schedule for you to download (PDF)